Ferguson and Menzies Ltd for many years has been one of the foremost suppliers of Pine Oil in the UK, selling Pine Oils and Terpenes to formulators of household and industrial cleaning products. From the Terpene family we also supply Dipentene and Terpinolene.
Pine Oil is produced from crude sulphated turpentine which in turn is a by-product of the pulp industry.
We supply Pine Oil in varying strengths: 90/85% terpene alcohol, 70% terpene alcohol.
Applications and Values contributed by Pine Oil
- A full but pleasant “piney” odour which can deodorise or mask unpleasant odours.
- Effective germicidal, fungicidal and insecticidal activity. Excellent for incorporation in household and industrial cleaning fluids.
- Defoaming in certain applications where foam is a problem, such as coatings and adhesives.
- Readily solubilised and emulsified.
- Certain applications in the ceramic industry.
- Plasticizing characteristics as with epoxy resin based compounds.
Dipentene is another of the terpene “family” and is a by-product of the Pine Oil production.
Applications and Values contributed by Dipentene
Solvency: Terpenes as a class including Dipentenes have a superior solvent power for greases, fats, waxes, resins and rubber. Most of the important uses for Dipentene are based on this property.
Surface wetting and penetrating power: Surface properties of Dipentene are quite useful. It is readily soluble and emulsifiable and easily prepared by these techniques into a variety of cleaners.
Frothing properties: Dipentene has some frothing properties of its own.
Our Terpinolene is used in fragrances for household products and deodorisers, re-odorants and masking agents for industrial purposes.
Patrick from PWH LIFTING SERVICES